Saturday 12 July 2014

Fresh Fruit Smoothie

Hi All.

I thought I'd share with you my smoothie that I made using just frozen fruits and freshly juiced fruit juice!
 I started off by slicing up and freezing some slightly on the turn bananas just before they turned to that unusable mush (so this is great for using up those bananas that would otherwise get thrown away) and once frozen adding them to the food processor along with some frozen mango chunks and some frozen blueberries which I bought already frozen but I'm sure you can freeze your own.
 While allowing those frozen bits for thaw ever slightly slightly make your juice! My juicer requires a lot of chopping up so I don't make this all that often as the chopping is a bit of a faff but it all turns out worthwhile in the end.  Anyway for my juice I peeled and chopped up 2 carrots, 2 oranges, 2 apples, a bit of pineapple and a chunk of ginger and put it all through the juicer to make some yummy juice!

 The next step is to whizz up those frozen goods! Whizz whizz whizz until it turns into a sorbet consistency, this stuff is fantastic just as a desert, if you're trying to be healthy but really fancy some ice cream - this is amazing!! So have a little taste just for the fun of it and to see how amazing your creation is!

 Once you've congratulated yourself  by eating as much of the sorbet as you'd wish set the food processor going again and pour in your freshly made juice as it whizzes around through the little pouring spout.
 And there you have it a luscious thick and delicious smoothy that tastes like it should have some ice cream or unhealthy yogurt in it when all it is if fruit and veg! Hoorah!

I'm hoping to invest in a nutribullet soon, which should cut the faff down considerably with the juicing and mainly just the cleaning of the juicer and the food processor which makes this a once in a while thing rather than a everyday nutrient blast! I shall report back with how that goes if and when I get one!

Speak Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment